Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Crawl, Swim, Pierce...







Here's a few things going on in our lives the last couple weeks. Makena decided sh really wanted her ears pierced. I decided it was fine with me. She and I went on a little Mommy daughter date to get it done. She squeezed my hand, looked at me with big eyes and said ouch. That was all, no tears. They look very pretty, and she's very good at reminding me to clean them everyday. She's getting so grown up.
Much to my surprise and joy Brinley did great in swimming lessons. The first couple days she clung to me like a barnacle, but she got comfortable jumping in and going under the water pretty quickly! It really was amazing how far she came in just a couple weeks. And now she's a fish in our pool. She's not swimming totally solo, but close. Her favorite thing do is swim under the water from one person to the next. She can hold her breath for up to 15 seconds! We are so proud of her!
Payton is just about crawling. She actually has crawled 5 or 6 little strides a few times. But it's so funny, after she does, she looks at us like how did I just do that! I put a picture of our favorite new move she does. Hopefully you can tell from the picture. She puts her feet on the floor and her bum up in the air. Then she'll take a few little steps. We call it our monkey crawl. She loves to sit on the floor and play with anything in front of her. Mostly she likes putting anything in her mouth. But the days are few until she'll be chasing after me. She's growing way to fast.
We are looking forward to a much needed vacation. I think I've packed up my whole house. Packing for five is something! I can't wait to spend some fun times with my family and see my new nephew. Love to all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

What fun milestones everyone is taking. I can't believe Payton is crawling already. Have fun where ever you all are going and see you maybe in a week or so.

July 1, 2008 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger camille kempton said...

I love the look on Makena's face. It's that "Do we still have to do the other side??" look. Have fun with your family.

July 3, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger John and Heather Davis said...

It looks like Payton is doing
push-ups! It doesnt seem like she is old enough to be crawling!!

Have fun on your vacation.

July 7, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Tanner has been doing similar tricks. While we were on vacation he really started crawling alot better and is everywhere now- maybe you'll come home and Payton will be crawling everywhere too! Hope your vacation was great!

July 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Katy Truman said...

Faith all your kids are so beautiful! You look great too! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer.

July 17, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home