The Start of Something New...




Makena and I went to Tuacahn last Saturday with some of our mother/ daughter friends to see High School Musical. We had such a blast. We took off early and did some shopping at Tai Pan(sooo fun). You really could spend all day in there. The girls weren't as crazy about it, but the Moms had fun. We then took the kids to The Children's Place for some school clothes. That they loved. It's so funny having Makena bring me clothes from racks that she likes. I feel like I say it all the time, but I still feel like she should be in diapers.
High School Musical was so cute. It was fun watching Makena enthralled in watching all the actors. Her favorite part was getting Gabriella's autograph after the show. Even the drive home was so great. It was fun being able to spend some quality alone time just with her. It seems like so long ago it was just she and I. How fast they grow. Only a few weeks until first gra
So while I was away Matt was busy working on a huge surprise for me. He put in new stainless steel appliances and tiled the backsplash of our kitchen. It was a big project for just 8 or 9 hours. I was very surprised. It looks great!( I'll post some pictures in the next few days. We still need to put in the sink and grout the tile.) He even enlisted two buddies to help and got sitters for the kids. Thanks Honey, you're the best! I love you.
High School Musical was so cute. It was fun watching Makena enthralled in watching all the actors. Her favorite part was getting Gabriella's autograph after the show. Even the drive home was so great. It was fun being able to spend some quality alone time just with her. It seems like so long ago it was just she and I. How fast they grow. Only a few weeks until first gra
So while I was away Matt was busy working on a huge surprise for me. He put in new stainless steel appliances and tiled the backsplash of our kitchen. It was a big project for just 8 or 9 hours. I was very surprised. It looks great!( I'll post some pictures in the next few days. We still need to put in the sink and grout the tile.) He even enlisted two buddies to help and got sitters for the kids. Thanks Honey, you're the best! I love you.

8 Comments:
Looks like fun! Where did the time go that these girls are starting first grade? We're like 11 days away here! Kate is SO excited to be able to eat lunch at school. Isn't that funny? Can't wait to see the kitchen pics-hurry up and put them on the blog!
What a treat to be able to take some alone time with Makena! I'm sure it was a blast! Matt must have scored some major brownie points for the kitchen makeover! How sweet!
I LOVE it! My girls would have absolutely gone to HSM heaven if we had gone to that!! How much fun for you!
Thats sounds so fun! Can't believe how big Mckena is now. Glad you guys had fun together. So cool that your hubby suprised you like that.
You and your girls are so stinkin' cute. That would have been so much fun. Matt is such a sweet husband.
I'm so sad we missed that mother/daughter trip, but I think driving to the beach was a good excuse! It looks like you guys had alot of fun! Can't wait to see the new appliances!
Faith- I have never seen a single picture of you where you don't look like a freaking model! And your girls are just as cute! Glad you have had a fun summer!
What fun! Mother daughter outings are the best and how fun to have been able to share it with friends.
Way to go Matt- cant wait to see the out come of your surprise!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home